Vegan Chocolate Chip Cupcake with Chocolate Mousse
1 c spelt flour
5 Tbsp cocoa powder
3 Tbsp coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla flavoring
3 Tbsp almond butter
¼ c coconut yogurt
½ c almond milk
1 flax egg
½ c vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pt raspberries
Ingredients for Mousse
5 oz vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ c almond milk
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp kosher salt
3 tsp agave nectar
Method for Mousse
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave in 15-second bursts, stirring until melted.
- Set aside and let cool until just barely warm.
- Halve and pit the avocados, then scoop them into a food processor.
- Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, agave, Almond milk, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Blend until very smooth and creamy, scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavors.
- Refrigerate until well chilled
Method for cupcake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 4 ramekins
- In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients
- In a separate small bowl combine all the wet ingredients
- Fold in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Fill each ramekins ¾ of the way with the batter then bake for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cool completely
- Top with mousse, raspberries, and chocolate chips