Spiced Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Ingredients for Cauliflower
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
4 cloves garlic chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp curry
½ tsp onion powder
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
2 small heads of cauliflower leaves trimmed
Ingredients for Dressing
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 bottle salted baby capers, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
3 tbsp vegan parmesan cheese grated plus more for garnish
Method for Cauliflower
1. In a small bowl whisk together oil, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, curry, onion powder and season with salt and pepper.
2.Drop whole heads of cauliflower into boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove the cauliflower and put on a baking sheet.
6. Rub garlic oil mixture over cauliflower and roast at 425° F for 20-30 minutes.
7. While the cauliflower is roasting whisk together lemon juice, mustard, 2 tbsp chopped capers, parsley, and cheese in a small bowl.
8.Whisk in remaining 1/2 cup olive oil and season with salt (be careful not to add too much salt. Remember the capers are already salty)
9. To fry remaining capers pour 1/2inch grapeseed oil into a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot enough to toast a bread crumb in 30 seconds, add the capers. Be careful, the oil may sputter.
10. Fry until the capers fluff up and begin to brown on the edges, 30 to 60 seconds. Drain the capers on a paper towel.
11. Once the cauliflower is nicely roasted, drizzle with dressing, and garnish with fried capers, and extra cheese.