Pecan Pie Pancakes with Bananas Fosters
Ingredients for pancakes
1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
¼ cup corn flour
1 ¼ Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbsp corn starch
2 ½ bsp brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
½ cup toasted pecans
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp molasses
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp vanilla extract
Vegan ice cream
Ingredients for bananas fosters
½ cup vegan butter (I like Miyoko’s)
1 cup coconut sugar
4 bananas cut in half and into 2 to 3 pieces
¼ cup rum
1 Tbsp vanilla
Method for pancakes
- Sift together in a large bowl flours, salt, baking powder, cornstarch, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- In a separate bowl combine milk, oil, molasses. vinegar, and vanilla
- Combine the wet mixture with the dry mixture and mix until well incorporated. ( some lumps are ok)
- Fold in ¼ cup toasted pecans
- Heat your griddle over medium heat and brush with oil.
- Working in batches, scoop ⅓-cupfuls of batter onto griddle.
- Cook pancakes until bottoms are golden brown and bubbles form on top, about 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook until cooked through and other side of pancakes are golden brown, about 2 minutes longer. Serve pancakes with bananas foster sauce, vegan ice cream, and remaining toasted pecans.
Method for bananas foster
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat
- Add sugar and cinnamon and whisk until sugar is completely dissolved
- Add the bananas and saute until they start to soften
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the rum and vanilla.
- Return the pan to the stove and flambe
- Once the flames have disappeared remove from the heat and serve