King Crab Linguine with Tomato Bacon Sauce
1 lb. linguine
2 tbsp olive oil
6oz. smoked bacon, finely chopped
5 cloves garlic sliced
2 Jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
2 lb. king crab legs, cut into pieces and cracked
1⁄3 cup dry white wine
3 cups Chopped Tomatoes
3 tbsp. fresh thyme
2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
2 tbsp grated lemon zest
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Cook linguine until al dente (firm to the bite) about 10 minutes. Drain pasta, and reserve 1⁄2 cup of the pasta water.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp
5. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate
6. Return the skillet to medium heat
7. Add garlic and jalapeños and cook stirring until golden (careful not to burn the garlic)
8. Increase heat to high; add crab, wine choppped tomatoes, and bring to a boil.
9. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until crab is heated through, 3–4 minutes.
10. Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid, and season with salt, and pepper
11. Toss until pasta is coated in sauce. Add bacon (reserve some for garnish), 1 1/2 Tbsp thyme ,chives, lemon zest and toss to combine.
12. Transfer pasta to a serving dish; and garnish with remaining thyme and bacon