Grilled Soft Shell Crabs with Seasoned Butter and Pineapple Salsa
Ingredients for Crabs
1 stick unsalted butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
3 Tbsp ponzu
1/4 fresh cilantro chopped
6 cleaned soft-shell crabs
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Ingredients for Pineapple Salsa
2 cups fresh pineapple diced
1/2 cup red onion diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
1 Tbsp fresh ginger minced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
1 jalapeño pepper diced, seeds removed
1 lime, juiced
Kosher salt, to taste
Method for Pineapple Salsa
- Combine pineapple, red onion, red bell pepper, ginger, cilantro, jalapeño pepper and lime juice in a medium bowl
- Adjust seasonings and reserve until ready for use.
Method for Crabs
1. Heat your grill to medium-high with the lid down
2. Combine the butter, garlic, ginger, ponzu, and fresh cilantro in a saucepan.
3. Place the saucepan on the grill and cook until the butter melts and the mixture becomes fragrant
4. Brush the crabs generously with the butter and season with salt and pepper.
5. Grill the crabs turning occasionally and basting with butter until bright red, crisp and charred in spots, about 4 minutes.
6. Place crabs on a platter, top with pineapple salsa, and remaining seasoned butter