2 Large Chicken Breasts sliced and pounded out
1 lb asparagus blanched
3/4 tsp creole seasoning, divided and black pepper to taste
3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter divided
2 Tbsp Olive Oil divided
16 oz baby Portobello mushrooms sliced
1 small yellow onion finely diced
4 large garlic cloves minced
2 Tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped, plus to garnish
1 1/2 cups Madeira Wine
1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
1/2 cup Heavy cream
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
1/2 cup gouda cheese shredded
1. Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a large heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat.
2. Add mushrooms to the pan and cook until soft.
3. Stir in onions and garlic then season with salt, pepper, and parsley.
4. Remove the pan from the stove and pour mushroom mixture in a bowl. Reserve for later
5. Season chicken cutlets with creole seasoning and pepper.
6. Return the pan to the stove over medium high heat and add 1 Tbsp butter and 1Tbsp oil.
7. Add chicken cutlets and saute until golden.
8. Remove chicken from the pan and reserve until needed.
9. Add 1 ½ cups of the Madeira to the pan and deglaze by scraping the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil until reduced by half.
10. Add 1 ½ cups beef broth and boil until it’s reduced to 2/3 cup
11. Reduce heat to medium, add ½ cup cream and simmer until sauce thickens.
12. Adjust seasonings
13. Return chicken to the pan turning to coat in the sauce.
14. Top with mushrooms, asparagus and cheese
15. Broil chicken until cheese is melted. Garnish with remaining parsley.